How to show the Documents in Windows 10 Start menu
By default, the Documents folder and other folders like Downloads, Music, Pictures, and Videos are hidden in the Windows 10 Start menu. However, each of these can be re-enabled by following the steps below.
Enable the special folders in the Windows 10 Start menu
- Right-click on the Desktop and click Properties
- In Personalization, click Start.
- Click Choose what folders appear on Start.
- Change the Documents option or any of the other options from "Off" to "On."
Once the above steps have been completed, you should see a Documents option (or any other turned on option) on the left-bottom side of the Start menu, as shown in the picture below.
- Missing desktop My Computer, Network, or My Documents icon.
- Where do I find Accessories in the Windows Start menu?
- See our Documents and Start menu pages for further information and related links.
- Microsoft Windows 10 help and support.