How to show the Documents in Windows 10 Start menu
By default, the Documents folder and other folders like Downloads, Music, Pictures, and Videos are hidden in the Windows 10 Start menu. However, each of these can be re-enabled by following the steps below.
Enable the special folders in the Windows 10 Start menu
- Right-click an empty area on the desktop and select Properties.
- On the left side of the Personalization window, click Start.
- Click Choose which folders appear on Start.
- Change the Documents option or any of the other options from "Off" to "On."
Once completed, you'll see a Documents option on the left-bottom side of the Start menu, as shown in the picture below.
- Missing My Computer, My Network Places, or My Documents icon.
- Where do I find Accessories in the Windows Start menu?
- See our Documents and Start menu pages for further information and related links.
- Microsoft Windows 10 help and support.