How to turn off fast startup or hybrid sleep in Windows
There is a feature in both Windows 8 and Windows 10 that allows your computer to start more quickly. While these features (fast startup for Windows 10 and hybrid sleep in Windows 8) can be quite useful, they have been known to cause several issues, such as repeated restarts. There are two ways to turn these features off; to proceed, select either of the methods below and follow the steps.
Disable through the Control Panel
You must be logged in as an administrator to perform this operation.
- Press the Windows key on your keyboard, type in Power Options, and then press Enter.
- From the left menu, select Choose what the power buttons do.
- Under the Shutdown settings section, uncheck the box next to Turn on fast startup (recommended).
- Click the Save changes button.
Disable using the Command Prompt
- Press the Windows key on your keyboard, and type in Command Prompt.
- Without pressing Enter, right-click the cmd icon that appears, then select Run as administrator.
- Type in powercfg -h off and press Enter.