How do I change my name on Google?
After a Google account is created, users are allowed to change the first and last name associated with the e-mail address. The new name replaces your old name for all your contacts on Gmail and Google Hangouts. It will also be changed on all other Google services linked to your account, such as Google Drive and YouTube.
Below are instructions for changing the name displayed on a Google account.
Name changes are limited after three name changes within 90 days. Make sure you are happy with your changes before you confirm them.
- Open the Chrome browser or visit https://google.com.
- Make sure you are signed into the correct Google account.
- Select your circular avatar found in the top-right corner.
- Click the button below your name and e-mail address to open the My Account page.
- On the left side of the screen, select the Personal info section.
- Select Name.
- Select the Edit icon next to your current name.
- Make the desired changes to your first and last names.
- Select Done.
- Select Confirm to apply the changes.