Updated: 05/21/2018 by Computer Hope
A channel may refer to any of the following:
1. When referring to an ATA or IDE, a channel refers to either the primary channel or secondary channel and is the connection and IDE drive connects to on the motherboard.
2. With the IBM PS/2 computer, the channel is an expansion bus.
3. In communications, the channel is a path between two computers or devices.
4. With chat or IRC, a channel, which is also known as a room, is a location with a specific chat topic. For example, in the Computer Hope IRC chat our channel is #computerhope.
5. When referring to a radio or TV a channel or station is a band or frequency used to transmit a station. For example, on FM radio in your area, you may be able to tune into 101.1 MHz to listen to a rock station and 94.1 may be a country station.
ChanServ, Chat terms, Hard drive terms, IRC, Primary channel, Room