A clip may refer to any of the following:
1. With a movie or video, see our video clip definition for further information on this term.
2. When removing a section of text, image, or other data, the term clip is synonymous with crop and cut on computers.
3. In the Windows command line, clip is a command that lets you redirect output from the command line to the Windows clipboard.
4. See our alligator clip page for an example of a physical clip used with computers.
5. With an image or art, a clip is short for clip art.
6. In computer graphics, clipping is the intersection of two objects such that one obscures the geometry of the other, concealing it from view. See the clipping page for further information.
7. Clip is short for a paperclip or Clippy, a digital assistant found in early versions of Microsoft Word.