Updated: 09/15/2017 by Computer Hope
Name: Robert "Bob" Bates
Born: December 11, 1953, in Washington DC., USA
- American computer game designer.
- Best known for Eric the Unready, Unreal II, and Spider-Man 3 computer games.
- Pioneer designer of interactive fiction games.
- Co-founder of Challenge, Inc., which created games in the 1980s for Infocom.
- Into the woods: A practical guide to the Hero's Journey (2014).
- The Belly of the Whale: Living a creative life in the games industry (2014).
- The Game Developer's Market Guide. Premier Press (2003).
- Game Design: The Art and Business of Creating Games (2001).
Honors and awards
- Lifetime Achievement Award, IGDA (2010).
- Person of the Year Award, IGDA (2010).
- Adventure Game of the Year, Eric the Unready by Computer Gaming World magazine (1993).