Updated: 04/01/2018 by Computer Hope
Name: Daniel S. Bricklin
Born: July 16, 1951, in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
- Created VisiCalc and is considered the father of the spreadsheet.
- Helped develop the first word processing system.
- Founded Software Garden, Inc., of which he is currently president, and Trellix Corporation, which is currently owned by Web.com.
- Bricklin on Technology (2009).
Honors and awards
- Grace Murray Hopper Award for VisiCalc (1981).
- Inducted as a Fellow of the Association for Computing Machinery (1994).
- IEEE Computer Society Computer Entrepreneur Award (1996).