Updated: 09/15/2017 by Computer Hope
Name: Dan Farmer
Born: April 5, 1962
- American computer security researcher.
- Created Security Administrator Tool for Analyzing Networks (SATAN).
- Began the development of the COPS program for identifying security issues on Unix systems.
- Computer Forensics Library (2007).
- Forensic discovery (2004).
"People don't want to talk about death, just like they don't want to talk about computer security. Maybe I should have named my workstation Fear. People are so motivated by fear."