Name: Douglas B. Lenat
- CEO of Cycorp, Inc. of Austin, Texas, and has been a prominent researcher in artificial intelligence, especially machine learning (with his Eurisko and AM programs), blackboard systems, knowledge representation, and "ontological engineering" (with his Cyc program at Cycorp and MCC).
- Knowledge-Based Systems in Artificial Intelligence. (1982).
- Building Expert Systems. (1983).
Honors and awards
- IJCAI Computers and Thought Award (1977).
- One of the original Fellows of the AAAI (American Association for Artificial Intelligence).
"Once you have a truly massive amount of information integrated as knowledge, then the human-software system will be superhuman, in the same sense that mankind with writing is superhuman compared to mankind before writing."