Updated: 09/15/2017 by Computer Hope
Name: Edward Albert Feigenbaum
Born: January 20, 1936, in Weehawken, New Jersey USA
- Computer scientist working in the field of artificial intelligence.
- Often called the "father of expert systems."
- Founded the Knowledge Systems Laboratory at Stanford University.
- The Age of Intelligent Machines: Knowledge Processing--From File Servers to Knowledge Servers.
- Some challenges and grand challenges for computational intelligence.
Honors and awards
- Turing Award (1994).
- U.S. Air Force Exceptional Civilian Service Award (1997).
- Inducted into IEEE Intelligent Systems' AI's Hall of Fame (2011).
- Awarded the Fellow Award by the Computer History Museum in California (2012).