Name: Gary Mcgraw
- American computer scientist and Internet technology (IT) author.
- IT Security Specialist.
- Producer of the monthly Silver Bullet Security Podcast for IEEE Security & Privacy magazine.
- Chief Technical Officer at Cigital Inc. (software security firm, based in Dulles, VA).
- Exploiting Online Games: Cheating Massively Distributed Systems (2007).
- Software Security: Building Security In (2006).
- Exploiting Software: How to Break Code (2004).
- Building Secure Software: How to Avoid Security Problems the Right Way (2001).
- Java Security (1996).
Honors and awards
- Serves on the Dean's Advisory Council for the School of Informatics of Indiana University.
- Served on the IEEE Computer Society Board of Governors.
"Consumers have for a long time had an implicit demand for security that hasn't been made explicit, but I think that's changing. People are sick of having insecure software and sick of having to have to get antivirus software because of all this broken software on their PCs."