Updated: 09/15/2017 by Computer Hope
Name: Geoffrey Dummer
Born: February 25, 1909, Hull, Yorkshire, England
Death: September 9, 2002 (Age: 93)
- British electronics engineer and consultant.
- Credited as being the first person to conceptualize and build a protoType of the integrated circuit, commonly called the microchip.
- Miniature & Microminiature Electronics (with J.Wiley Granville) (1961).
- Environmental Testing Techniques for Electronics & Materials (1962).
Honors and awards
- IEEE Premium Award.
- USA Medal of Freedom with Bronze Palm.