Updated: 09/15/2017 by Computer Hope
Name: Hugh McGregor Ross
Born: August 31, 1917 in Nairobi, Kenya
Computer related contributions
- Early pioneer in the history of British computing.
- He worked on the Pegasus thermionic valve computer in the mid-1960’s.
- He was involved in the standardization of ASCII and ISO 646. ASCII was first known in Europe as the Bemer-Ross Code.
- He was also one of the three main designers of ISO 6937.
- One of the principal architects of the Universal Character Set ISO/IEC 10646 when it was first conceived.
- George Fox: A Christian mystic (2008)
- Thirty Essays on the Gospel of Thomas (2008)
- Jesus untouched by the Church (1998)
- The Gospel of Thomas (1997)
- George Fox Speaks for Himself: Texts that reveal his personality (1991)