Updated: 09/15/2017 by Computer Hope
Name: John T. Chambers
Born: August 23, 1949, in Cleveland, Ohio, USA
- Joined Cisco in 1991 as Senior Vice President of Worldwide Sales and Operations and later assumed the role of CEO in January of 1995.
- In 2006 named Chairman of the Board, in addition to his CEO role.
- Prior to Cisco, he spent eight years at Wang Laboratories (1982–1990) and six years with IBM (1976–1982). Chambers served on the Board of Directors of myCFO.
Honors and awards
- Time Magazine's "100 Most Influential People."
- CNN's Top 25 Most Powerful People.
- Clinton Global Citizen Award.
- U.S. State Department Top Corporate Social Responsibility Award.
- Woodrow Wilson Award for Corporate Citizenship.
- Silicon Valley Education Foundation Pioneer Business Leader Award (2009).