Updated: 09/15/2017 by Computer Hope
Name: John C. Dvorak
Born: April 5, 1952 in Los Angeles California
Computer related contributions
- American columnist and broadcaster in the areas of technology and computing.
- His writing extends back to the 1980s, when he was a mainstay of a variety of magazines. His PC Magazine column is licensed worldwide. Dvorak is also the vice president of Mevio (formerly PodShow) and well known for his work for Tech TV.
- Dvorak was on the start-up team for CNET Networks, appearing on the television show CNET Central.
- He also hosted a radio show called Real Computing and later 'Technically Speaking' on NPR, as well as a television show on TechTV (formerly ZDTV) called Silicon Spin.
- Dvorak is currently a voice on the podcast "No Agenda".
- Hypergrowth: The Rise and Fall of the Osborne Computer Corporation (1990)
- Dvorak's Guide to Desktop Telecommunications in 1990, Dvorak's Guide to PC Telecommunications (1992)
- Dvorak's Guide to OS/2 (1993)
- Online! The Book (2003)
Honors and awards
- American Business Editors Association's national gold award (2003,2004)
- Telluride Tech Festival Award of Technology (2001)