Name: Justin Rattner
- Corporate Vice President, chief technology officer (CTO) and director of Intel Labs.
- Responsible for leading Intel's microprocessor, communications and systems technology labs and Intel Research.
- Known for his work on the Department of Energy ASCI Red System, the first computer to sustain one trillion operations per second (one teraFLOPS) and the fastest computer in the world between 1996 and 2000.
Honors and awards
- Honored as one of the Computing 200 (1997).
- Person of the Week by ABC World News (1996).
- Named Scientist of the Year by R&D Magazine (1989).
"Imagine a phone that can translate languages in real time…, or finding a photo of your children playing with a pet from among thousands of photos… To deliver these capabilities in products that are easy to use and attractive to many people requires that we, as an industry, rethink our approach to platform development."
- Spring 2005 Intel IDF