Updated: 09/15/2017 by Computer Hope
Name: Leonard J. Shustek
- Chairman of the board of trustees of the Computer History Museum located in Mountain View, California.
- In 1972, Shustek proposed using microcode for evaluating the performance of computer systems.
- In 1979, he co-founded Nestar Systems, an early developer of networks for personal computers.
- In 1986, he co-founded Network General, a manufacturer of network analysis tools including The Sniffer™. The company became Network Associates after merging with McAfee Associates and PGP.
- Computer Networking: A Top-Down Approach (2009).
- Multiservice Loss Models for Broadband Telecommunication Networks (1997).
Honors and awards
- Best paper award Infocom (2009).
- Best paper in multimedia communications (2007).