Updated: 09/15/2017 by Computer Hope
Name: Richard Manning Karp
Born: January 3, 1935 in Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Computer related contributions
- Computer scientist and computational theorist at the University of California, Berkeley.
- Known for his research in the theory of algorithms, for which he received a Turing Award.
- Current research interests include bioinformatics.
- Associated with Edmonds–Karp algorithm, Karp's 21 NP-complete problems, Hopcroft–Karp algorithm, Karp–Lipton theorem and Rabin–Karp string search algorithm.
Honors and awards
- Kyoto Prize (2008)
- Benjamin Franklin Medal in Computer and Cognitive Science (2004)
- Turing Award (1985)