Updated: 09/15/2017 by Computer Hope
Name: Vladimir Losifovich Levenshtein
- Russian scientist known for the Levenshtein algorithm, and the Levenshtein distance, which he developed in 1965.
- Interested in information theory, combinatorial design and error-correcting codes.
- Association schemes and coding theory (1998).
- Binary codes capable of correcting deletions, insertions, and reversals (1965).
Honors and awards
- IEEE Richard W. Hamming Medal (2006).
- Fellow of the IEEE Information Theory Society.