Updated: 04/26/2017 by Computer Hope
Name: Vladimir Losifovich Levenshtein
Computer related contributions
- Russian scientist known for the Levenshtein algorithm, and the Levenshtein distance, which he developed in 1965.
- Interested in information theory, combinatorial design and error-correcting codes.
- Association schemes and coding theory (1998)
- Binary codes capable of correcting deletions, insertions, and reversals (1965)
Honors and awards
- IEEE Richard W. Hamming Medal (2006)
- Fellow of the IEEE Information Theory Society