Updated: 09/15/2017 by Computer Hope
Name: Wen Tsing Chow
Born: 1918 in Taiyuan, Shanxi, China
Computer related contributions
- Chinese-born American digital computer pioneer and missile guidance scientist.
- Pioneered the use of digital computers in satellites, missiles, and spacecraft guidance systems.
- Lead the design of the United States Air Force Atlas E/F ICBM (Inter-Continental Ballistic Missile) all-inertial guidance computer and guidance system.
- Prepared the design of the first all solid state, high reliability, space-borne digital computer.
- Possesses patent on what is known as programmable read-only memory or PROM (called "constants storage matrix," in the 1950's).
Honors and awards
- Air Force Space and Missiles Pioneers Award (2004)