Missing laptop battery icon in Windows
If your battery is not shown in the Systray like the example picture to the right, follow the steps below for the version of Windows you're running. If you have followed these steps, but the power icon option is grayed out, visit our page to resolve this issue.
Windows 8 users
- Press and hold or right-click an empty area on the taskbar, and then tap or click Properties.
- Next to Notification area, tap or click Customize.
- Tap or click Turn system icons on or off.
- Under Behaviors, tap or click On in the drop-down list next to Power, and then tap or click OK.
Windows Vista and 7 users
- Right-click on the Taskbar and click Properties.
- Click the Notification Area tab.
- Check the Power icon and click Ok.