Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: What language is this?  (Read 33831 times)

AmyR7

Topic Starter

Hopeful
  • Hi Everyone!!
    • Funtrivia
  • Experience: Familiar
Re: What language is this?
« Reply #45 on: March 09, 2012, 07:36:35 PM »
Yes, the time is fixed.
We set the time to the correct time and date.
By putting in the Month, Date, Year, The time, and other things, such as the country we are in, all of that stuff set up.

Step #1 The Month
Step #2 The Date
Step #3 The Year
Step #4 The Time

On my computer, there is no problems with the Date and Time.

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
  • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • BC-Programming.com
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #46 on: March 09, 2012, 08:05:27 PM »
Quote from: AmyR7
One of the other things which keeps getting messed up is the Date and Time.

So, you're purposely throwing things in that are no longer relevant?
I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

Raptor

« Reply #47 on: March 10, 2012, 03:32:25 AM »
Yes, at the moment, the date and time is correct.
We put the Time on the correct time, day, year, all of that.
So, yes, it is keeping time just fine. Changing the time just fine.

... So it does NOT forget the time?

I'm expecting to be rick-rolled any minute now.

AmyR7

Topic Starter

Hopeful
  • Hi Everyone!!
    • Funtrivia
« Reply #48 on: March 10, 2012, 03:50:52 AM »
Not at the moment it's not.

Also, mine is not having any problems with the Date and Time.

We need to get mine fixed. Been going on way too long without mine working. So, we could go on with mine, but if you want us to change the battery on my mom's first(which yes, we have read all over about the batteries,  yes there is a tests, and doesn't seem to be a problem, says it's OK), then, yes, guess we will need to just go someplace else.
Here is 1 of the places
http://www.overclockers.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-389555.html

The voltage and all that seems to not be doing what they say will happen if it's weak. Plus it does also mention about settings being lost too if you turn computer off. No, doesn't seem to be.
Of course yes, there are all kinds of settings. They don't really say which ones though. But no, seems to have saved like the last stuff that was there before turning things off.

I just had another fall again. Having to come out here to use my mom's computer is just too difficult for me to do anymore.
We do know mine doesn't seem to have any viruses is the other thing too. One of my sisters who came over awhile back did backup what it would let her with a removable flash backup drive they have. So, that I guess is good.

Which we also know too, there are only a certain amount places like this can do to help too. If we need a new hard drive, CD drive, DVD drive, a disk drive, all those things, then you can't do it from your place.

But since main thing at the moment is just getting the correct settings the Remote Guy changed back correctly, and all the files that he put online that aren't suppose to be online in the first place.
Files created using Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, all of those kinds of files are all online, all of our folders are all online. Even the Recycle bin, the desktop folder itself, all say online for them, files with private medical information in them all online.
I even tried to find a counselor, but can't seem to even contact them. The emails I keep sending, no text in them for some reason. So, can't even get any counseling for all the stress going on. I was able to get signed up and gave a history of what is going on why. But then when trying to actually write to them, no text for some reason in the message for some reason. I write to other people and the text goes through.
But also, another problem now noticing is possibly a problem with the Reply settings messed up somewhere. When I reply to people, seems like I never hear from them. I don't know if it's not going through or not, even though it looks like it was sent. I can write to them from my bellsouth (ISP) account, and yes, is going through when I write the 1st time, but then when I hit reply, I'm never hearing back anymore.

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • BC-Programming.com
« Reply #49 on: March 10, 2012, 04:27:14 AM »
When I reply to people, seems like I never hear from them.

Can't figure out why that would be...   ::)

Raptor

« Reply #50 on: March 10, 2012, 04:28:27 AM »
Also, mine is not having any problems with the Date and Time.

O.K, let's work on yours first O.K? If you want to work on another computer create another topic.

We need to get mine fixed. Been going on way too long without mine working. So, we could go on with mine, but if you want us to change the battery on my mom's first(which yes, we have read all over about the batteries,  yes there is a tests, and doesn't seem to be a problem, says it's OK), then, yes, guess we will need to just go someplace else.

No. Forget about your mom's computer for this thread.

We do know mine doesn't seem to have any viruses is the other thing too.

O.K. No viruses.

Which we also know too, there are only a certain amount places like this can do to help too. If we need a new hard drive, CD drive, DVD drive, a disk drive, all those things, then you can't do it from your place.

I don't think you need new hardware.

But since main thing at the moment is just getting the correct settings the Remote Guy changed back correctly, and all the files that he put online that aren't suppose to be online in the first place.

Define "Online"

Files created using Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, all of those kinds of files are all online, all of our folders are all online. Even the Recycle bin, the desktop folder itself, all say online for them, files with private medical information in them all online.

Do you mean "Shared"?

I even tried to find a counselor, but can't seem to even contact them. The emails I keep sending, no text in them for some reason. So, can't even get any counseling for all the stress going on. I was able to get signed up and gave a history of what is going on why. But then when trying to actually write to them, no text for some reason in the message for some reason. I write to other people and the text goes

What email client and what email provider? How are you sending the emails that end up with no text?

But also, another problem now noticing is possibly a problem with the Reply settings messed up somewhere. When I reply to people, seems like I never hear from them. I don't know if it's not going through or not, even though it looks like it was sent. I can write to them from my bellsouth (ISP) account, and yes, is going through when I write the 1st time, but then when I hit reply, I'm never hearing back anymore.

Somehow that does not surprise me. Did you try requesting a return receipt from within your email client to see if it is a technical problem or just a personal problem?

Salmon Trout

« Reply #51 on: March 10, 2012, 04:49:28 AM »
I'm expecting to be rick-rolled any minute now.

Why would anybody do that? I think you're being paranoid.

Raptor

« Reply #52 on: March 10, 2012, 05:03:06 AM »
Why would anybody do that? I think you're being paranoid.

Great voice.  :D

1. Ccleaner
2. ATF Cleaner
3. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
4. Spybot Search & Destroy
5. HijackThis
6. Ad-aware
7. Ad-Aware SE Personal

Just realised that apart from Malwarebytes Anti-malware, which I am not impressed by, there's no virus scanner in there that can do real-time monitoring.

Go get rid of these programs and install Security Essentials, then do a full scan.
Report back to me how you did this and what the results were, Amy.

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • BC-Programming.com
« Reply #53 on: March 10, 2012, 05:27:57 AM »

"I can't because of all this stress and focus and something about a hospital and the remote assistance guy who was really a hacker that put my files online"

Just a guess at a summary.

AmyR7

Topic Starter

Hopeful
  • Hi Everyone!!
    • Funtrivia
« Reply #54 on: March 11, 2012, 08:16:37 AM »
O.K, let's work on yours first O.K? If you want to work on another computer create another topic.

No. Forget about your mom's computer for this thread.

O.K. No viruses.

I don't think you need new hardware.

Define "Online"

Do you mean "Shared"?

What email client and what email provider? How are you sending the emails that end up with no text?

Somehow that does not surprise me. Did you try requesting a return receipt from within your email client to see if it is a technical problem or just a personal problem?

Do you need the counselors email provider? Or just who we have?
Bellsouth is who we have, so their client.

Great voice.  :D

Just realised that apart from Malwarebytes Anti-malware, which I am not impressed by, there's no virus scanner in there that can do real-time monitoring.

Go get rid of these programs and install Security Essentials, then do a full scan.
but if you have spyware too, that is why you need all those things too. We also have AVG.

I already did say how we did this. My sister came over with a Portable Backup drive to put them on. Took it home, scanned. No viiruses.
My brother-in-law, her husband, is the one who installed all the stuff on both computers.
Also, other family is who set all the DSL stuff up when we got it years ago.
We have a router on mine that runs through the attic out to mom's computer in different part of house.
So, having to come out here to use hers is too far of walk for me.

Raptor

« Reply #55 on: March 11, 2012, 09:44:59 AM »
Somehow you failed to answer my questions. I don't know how. Review my previous post and try to be as to-the-point as you can be on each question.

I have no trust in AVG, I would like for you to run at least one full sweep with Security Essentials so that I know your system is O.K.
SE also scans for spyware.

The reason you need to get rid of everything else is because I do not want any conflicts to occur. In most cases, SE is sufficient protection.

When I said email client, I meant the program you use to receive and send email.

Review my previous post and report back.

AmyR7

Topic Starter

Hopeful
  • Hi Everyone!!
    • Funtrivia
« Reply #56 on: March 11, 2012, 10:07:41 AM »
Yes, that is exactly  what my sister and brother-in-law have at their stuff.
They have it on their removable hard drive they backed them up onto and took it home.

The programs that Bellsouth sent us when we set it up.
Bellsouth program.

Raptor

« Reply #57 on: March 11, 2012, 10:27:42 AM »
I ... Can't work with that.

Raptor

« Reply #58 on: March 11, 2012, 10:41:43 AM »
Amy, what's the colour of a fire engine and who is the current president of the United States?

AmyR7

Topic Starter

Hopeful
  • Hi Everyone!!
    • Funtrivia
« Reply #59 on: March 11, 2012, 10:53:22 AM »
I don't understand. What do you mean you can't work with that?

Red, Obama