How do I add or change a YouTube profile picture?
YouTube offers many customization options to its users. Some of these features include a custom channel description, privacy settings, and even the ability to add channel art. One of the most common customization options users inquire about is how to change their profile picture. To add or change your YouTube profile picture, follow the instructions below.
Adding or changing your profile picture
As Google owns YouTube, the profile picture and channel icon on YouTube is actually the profile picture for your Google account. You must change your Google profile picture to change your YouTube profile picture.
- Go to the YouTube website and click in the upper-right corner (if you're not already signed in to your YouTube account).
If you don't have Google account, you must create one to sign in to YouTube.
- In the upper-right corner, click the profile icon. It may be blank or have your current Google profile picture.
- Select Settings from the menu.
- In the center of the screen, click the space for your current (or missing) profile picture.
- Near the top middle on the next page, click what is or would be your profile image again.
- Click Edit on the prompt that appears.
- Click the button.
- You can drag-and-drop an image into the box or click to find the photo manually.
- Once you're done cropping your photo, click the button in the lower-left corner.
Your YouTube profile picture should update to your Google profile picture in several minutes.