How do I add or change a YouTube profile picture?
Youtube offers many customization options to its users. They vary from adding channel art, to privacy settings, to a custom channel description. One of the most common customization options users inquire about is how to change their profile picture; to do so, follow the instructions in the next section.
Adding or changing your profile picture
- Go to the YouTube website and click in the upper right-hand corner (if you're not already signed into your YouTube account).
Note: If you don't have YouTube account, you'll need to create one.
- Select My Channel from the menu on the left-hand side of the screen. If you don't see it, click the button in the upper-left hand corner of the screen.
- Locate your current (or blank) profile picture and click on the icon in the corner.
- In the Edit channel icon dialogue box that appears, click the Edit button.
- You should be prompted to change your Google profile picture, which also change your YouTube channel picture.
- How to upload a YouTube video.
- How to delete a YouTube video.
- How to add or change a thumbnail on a YouTube video.
- How do I download or save a YouTube video to my computer?
- See the YouTube definition for further information and related links.
- YouTube help and support.