How to upload a video to YouTube
YouTube has a staggering number of videos for users to watch, including anything from how to fix your dryer to the latest gadget reviews and cat videos. It can also be a great place to upload your videos for others to watch. To do so, follow the steps below.
Note: You cannot upload videos to YouTube without an account. If you don't have one, visit our page on how to create a YouTube account.
How to upload your videos to YouTube
- Go to the YouTube website and click the button in the upper-right hand corner (if you're not already signed into your YouTube account).
- Click the Upload icon in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
- On the next page, look for the upload section, as shown in the following image.
Tip: You can set your video's privacy setting by clicking the down arrow in the button.
- Click the Select files to upload button, or drag-and-drop the video.
Tip: You can also upload videos from Google Photos by clicking next to in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
- While your video uploads, you can add a description, tags and finalize your privacy settings.
- Once you're done, click the button in the upper right-hand corner.
- How to start a YouTube channel.
- How to delete a YouTube video.
- How do I add or change a YouTube profile picture?
- How do I download or save a YouTube video to my computer?
- See the YouTube definition for further information and related links.