How to upload a video to YouTube
YouTube has a staggering number of videos to watch, including anything from how to fix your dryer to the latest gadget reviews. It can also be a great place to upload your videos for others to watch. To do so, follow the steps below.
You cannot upload videos to YouTube without an account. If you don't have one, see: How to start a YouTube channel.
How to upload your videos to YouTube
- Access the YouTube website and click in the upper-right corner (if you're not already signed in to your YouTube account).
- Click the Create icon in the upper-right corner of the screen.
- In the prompt that appears, you are given the option to drag-and-drop your video, or click Select Files to choose it manually.
- Once your video uploads, there are three steps to follow. The first has you choose a title, description, and thumbnail (optional). Also, you need to indicate whether or not your video is appropriate for children to comply with the COPPA guidelines. When you're done, click the button.
- The following screen allows you to set up cards at the end of your video.
- The final screen allows you to choose privacy settings, or schedule a time for the video to post.
- Once you're done, click the button in the bottom-right corner.