How to upload a video to YouTube
YouTube has a staggering number of videos for users to watch, including anything from how to fix your dryer to the latest gadget reviews and cat videos. It can also be a great place to upload your videos for others to watch. To do so, follow the steps below.
You cannot upload videos to YouTube without an account. If you don't have one, visit our page on how to create a YouTube account.
How to upload your videos to YouTube
- Go to the YouTube website and click in the upper-right corner (if you're not already signed into your YouTube account).
- Click the Upload icon in the upper-right corner of the screen.
- On the next page, look for the upload section, as shown in the following image.
You can set your video's privacy setting by clicking the down arrow in the button.
- Click the Select files to upload button, or drag-and-drop the video.
You can also upload videos from Google Photos by clicking , next to , in the upper-right corner of the screen.
- While your video uploads, you can add a description, tags and finalize your privacy settings.
- Once you're done, click the button in the upper-right corner.
- How to create a YouTube account.
- How to start a YouTube channel.
- How to add or change a thumbnail on a YouTube video.
- How to delete a YouTube video.
- How do I add or change a YouTube profile picture?
- How do I download or save a YouTube video to my computer?
- See the YouTube definition for further information and related links.
- YouTube help and support.