Name: Daniel Ek
Born: February 21, 1983
- Swedish entrepreneur and a technologist.
- Founder and CEO of the music streaming service Spotify (1997 at the age of 14).
- Founder of the advertising company Advertigo.
- Former CEO of µTorrent, one of the world's most popular BitTorrent clients.
Honors and awards
- Ranked 395th on the British rich list with a calculated worth of £190m (2012).
"There are millions of people who consume music illegally every month. Just getting them into a legal service will make the music industry way bigger than it's ever been before."
"With Twitter and other social networking tools, you can get a lot of advice from great people. I learn more from Twitter than any survey or discussion with a big company."