Updated: 09/15/2017 by Computer Hope
Name: Dimitri P. Bertsekas
Born: Unknown date in Athens, Greece
- Applied mathematician, computer scientist, and a professor at the department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT).
- Known for Convex optimization, Approximate Dynamic Programming, Dynamic Programming, Stochastic systems and Optimal Control.
- Stochastic Optimal Control: The Discrete-Time Case (1978).
- Constrained Optimization and Lagrange Multiplier Methods (1982).
- Parallel and Distributed Computation: Numerical Methods (1989).
- Linear Network Optimization (1991).
- Neuro-Dynamic Programming (1996).
- Dynamic Programming and Optimal Control (1996).
- Nonlinear Programming (1996).
- Network Optimization: Continuous and Discrete Models (1998).
- Convex Analysis and Optimization (2002).
- Introduction to Probability (2003).
- Convex Optimization Theory (2009).
Honors and awards
- INFORMS ICS Prize.
- Greek National Award for Operations Research.
- ACC John R. Ragazzini Education Award.
- Member of the United States National Academy of Engineering.
- 2009 INFORMS Expository Writing Award.