Updated: 09/15/2017 by Computer Hope
Name: Lydia E. Kavraki
- Noah Harding Professor of Computer Science.
- Professor of bioengineering at Rice University.
- Professor of structural and computational biology and molecular biophysics at Baylor College of Medicine.
- Known for her work on motion planning and bioinformatics, and in particular for the probabilistic road map method for robot motion planning and biomolecular configuration analysis.
- Principles of Robot Motion: Theory, Algorithms, and Implementations (2005).
- Robotics: The Algorithmic Perspective (1998).
Honors and awards
- Technology Review annual list of 35 innovators under the age of 35 (2010).
- Popular Science magazine "Brilliant 10" awards (2002).
- Grace Murray Hopper Award (2000).