Updated: 09/15/2017 by Computer Hope
Name: Martin Odersky
Born: September 5, 1958, in Lausanne, Switzerland
- German computer scientist.
- Professor of programming methods at EPFL in Switzerland.
- Specializes in code analysis and programming languages.
- Designed the Scala programming language, Generic Java, and built the current generation of javac, the Java compiler.
- Composition and Reuse with Compiled Domain-Specific Languages (2013).
- Programming in Scala (2008).
Honors and awards
- Inducted as a Fellow of the Association for Computing Machinery (2007).