Updated: 09/15/2017 by Computer Hope
Name: Richard H. Harper
- British Sociologist and principal researcher at Microsoft Research in Cambridge, England, UK.
- Co-manages the Socio-Digital Systems group for Microsoft Research.
- Former researcher at Xerox PARC's fifth lab, EuroPARC, in Cambridge, England, UK.
- Trust, Computing and Society (2014).
- Texture: Human expression in the age of communications overload (2011).
- The Connected Home: the future of domestic life (2011).
- The Myth of the Paperless Office (2002).
- Inside the IMF (1997).
Honors and awards
- Awarded the Society of Internet Researcher's 'Book of the Year (2011).
- Elected a Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts (2011).
- Selected to be UK's first Professor of Socio-Digital Systems, in the Sociology Department at the University of Surrey, England (2000).