Updated: 09/15/2017 by Computer Hope
Name: Richard Edwin Stearns
Born: July 5, 1936
Computer related contributions
- Prominent computer scientist.
- Established the foundations for the field of computational complexity theory.
- Syntax-Directed Transduction (1968)
- A Regularity Test for Pushdown Machines (1967)
- On the computational complexity of algorithms (1965)
- Regularity preserving modifications of regular expressions (1963)
Honors and awards
- ACM Turing Award (1993)
- Inducted as a Fellow of the Association for Computing Machinery (1994)