Updated: 09/15/2017 by Computer Hope
Name: Victor (Vic) Hayes
Born: July 31, 1941, in Surabaya, Dutch East Indies
- Senior Research Fellow at the Delft University of Technology.
- Often referred to as "Father of Wi-Fi".
- Established and chaired the IEEE 802.11 Standards Working Group for Wireless Local Area Networks.
- The Innovation Journey of Wi-Fi: The Road Toward Global Success (2010).
- License-exempt: Wi-Fi complement to 3G. W Lemstra, V Hayes - Telematics and Informatics, Volume 26, Issue 3 (2009).
- License-exempt: the emergence of Wi-Fi. V Hayes, W Lemstra - info, Volume 11, Issue 5 (2009).
- The IEEE 802.11 handbook: a designer's companion (2004).
Honors and awards
- George R. Stibitz Computer & Communications Pioneer Award (2012).
- IEEE Charles Proteus Steinmetz Award (2007).
- Vosko Trophy for Business and Innovation from Vosko Networking (2004).
- Innovation Award in the category communications from The Economist (2004).
- Wi-Fi Alliance Leadership Award "in recognition of the outstanding leadership of the Regulatory Committee of the Wi-Fi Alliance" (2002).
- IEEE Leadership Award "for 10 years of leadership and extraordinary dedication as chairman of the IEEE 802.11 Wireless LAN Working Group" (2000).