How to remove an e-mail contact
This document contains details on removing a contact from your e-mail program or web mail. As you may have guessed, the answer to this question depends on the program you use to send and receive your mail. To proceed, choose your e-mail service from the list below and follow the steps.
- Log into your Gmail account.
- Click in the upper left-hand corner of the window.
- Select Contacts from the dropdown menu.
- Click the contact you'd like to remove.
- Click and select Delete contact.
- Open Outlook.
- In the lower left-hand corner of the window, click the Contacts tab.
- Select the View tab in the top toolbar.
- Click the Change View button, and then List.
- Hold down the Ctrl key on your keyboard and click each of the contacts to be removed.
- Select the Home tab in the top toolbar.
- Click the Delete button.
- Log into your Outlook.com account.
- Click the arrow next to the Outlook.com logo in the upper left-hand corner.
- Select People from the dropdown menu that appears.
- Select a contact and click Delete.
- Login to your Yahoo! e-mail account.
- Click Contacts in the upper left-hand corner of the window.
- Click the checkboxes next to the names of the contact(s) you want to remove.
- Click the Delete Contacts button just to the right of your contacts list.