1. Short for Adobe Flash, Flash was originally known as Future Splash Animator by FutureWave. It was later renamed and introduced to the public as Macromedia Flash 1.0 in 1996, shortly after the Macromedia purchased the product. Later in April 2005, Adobe announced plans to purchase Macromedia, which was finalized and completed by the end of 2005.
Today, Adobe Flash is a software program that allows users to create animated works that can be viewed over the Internet. Below is a simple example of the Macromedia flash enabled logo to determine if your browser has Macromedia plug-in installed and working.
- The latest Adobe Flash player can be downloaded here.
- Determine what Adobe Flash version and versions of other plug-ins you are using.
- How can I adjust Adobe Flash settings or see who has permission?
- The Adobe Flash program can be found at: http://www.adobe.com/products/flash/flashpro/