1. When referring to communications, a link is a connection between two devices.
2. In data management or a file system, a link refers to the capability of sharing or viewing shared information.
3. On the Internet, a link is more appropriately referred to as a hyperlink.
4. Linux command, see the link command page for additional information about this command.
5. In spreadsheet programs, linking means a worksheet with the capacity to receive its data in specific cells in a different worksheet. Essentially, the sharing data between worksheets.
6. In HTML, the <a> tag is used to create links between different objects and web pages on a website.
7. In HTML, the <link> tag is used to create a link between a web page and an external resource.
Also see: Back link, Deep link, Hard link, Hotlinking, Hotspot, Internet terms, Link farming, Linkjacking, Permalink, Pingback, Reciprocal link, Symbolic link, Warm link