Help and support for the Windows Solitaire computer game
How to run Solitaire
Solitaire is not included in Windows 8 and Windows 10. See install steps for installing Solitaire in Windows 8 and Windows 10.
- Click Start.
- In the Start menu, click Run or type solitaire and press Enter to get a screen similar to the example below.
- If Solitaire is not found, it may not be installed.
If you cannot find the icon or not sure if it is installed, after following the above steps, click Start, Run, and type "sol" without the quotes. If the game still does not run Solitaire is not installed.
How to install and uninstall Solitaire
Windows 8 and Windows 10 does not include Solitaire. To install the Solitaire app, install Solitaire from the Microsoft Store found on the Windows Start Screen in Windows 8 or in the Start menu in Windows 10.
- Open the Control Panel.
- Open Add or Remove Programs, Uninstall a program, or Programs and Features, depending on your version of Windows.
- In the Program and Features window, click the Turn Windows features on or off option on the left side.
- In the Windows features, all games, including Solitaire, are found under the Games category. Checking the game box will install the game and unchecking the box will uninstall the game.
Windows 3.0 and 3.1, Solitaire F1 key for help does not work
Solitaire caused a general protection fault in WSPDBF.DRV at 001:0F38
A general protection fault in WSPDBF.DRV is caused when the computer is using the Diamond Speedstar 24x 256 k video driver ver 2.02 in Windows 3.1 and 3.11. To resolve the issue, it is recommended that you use the Standard VGA video drivers supplied with Windows 3.1x.
- See our game definition for further information and related links on this term.