How to view what programs are installed on a computer
There are a few options for viewing programs installed on a computer. To proceed, select your operating system from the list below and follow the instructions.
View all programs in Windows
The Start menu or Start screen provides a list of nearly all programs installed on the computer and available for use. For more details, select your version of Windows in the list below and review the instructions.
- Click Start or press the Windows key.
- In the Start menu, click the All apps button near the top-right corner to view all programs on the computer.
- Press the Windows key, type All Apps, and then press Enter.
- The window that opens has a full list of programs installed on the computer.
Windows 7 and earlier
- Click Start.
- In the Start menu, click All programs or Programs.
- All programs installed on the computer are displayed.
View all uninstallable programs in Windows
The Programs and Features utility in Windows lets you view the programs on a computer that can be uninstalled.
Windows Vista, 7, 8, 10, and 11
- Press the Windows key, type Control Panel, and then press Enter.
- Under the Programs section, click the Uninstall a program link.
If using the Small icons or Large icons view in the Control Panel, click the Programs and Features option.
- In the Programs and Features window, any of the programs you see can be uninstalled.
To view the programs that come installed with Windows, click the Turn Windows features on and off link on the left side of the Programs and Features window.
View all programs installed on a Mac
- Click the Finder icon on the Dock at the bottom of the screen.
- On the left side of the Finder window, under the Favorites section, click the selector.
- The section to the right of the menu shows the programs installed on your Mac.