How to view what programs are installed on a computer
There are a few options for viewing programs installed on a computer. To proceed, select your operating system from the list below and follow the instructions.
View all programs in Windows
The Start menu or Start screen provides a list of nearly all programs installed on the computer and available for use.
- Press the Windows key, type All Apps, and then press Enter.
- The window that opens has a full list of programs installed on the computer.
Windows 7 and earlier
- Click Start.
- In the Start menu, click All programs or Programs.
- All programs installed on the computer are displayed.
View all uninstallable programs in Windows
The Programs and Features utility in Windows allows you to view the programs on a computer that can be uninstalled.
Windows Vista, 7, 8, and 10
- Press the Windows key, type Control Panel, and then press Enter.
- Under the Programs section, click the Uninstall a program link.
- In the new window, any of the programs you see can be uninstalled.
To view the programs that come installed with Windows, click the Turn Windows features on and off link on the left side of the Programs and Features window.
View all programs installed on a Mac
- Click the Finder icon on the Dock at the bottom of the screen.
- On the left side of the new window, under the Favorites section, click the selector.
- The section to the right of the menu shows the programs installed on your Mac.