A software program in Microsoft Windows that is responsible for managing all print jobs currently being sent to the computer printer or print server. The print spooler program allows a user to delete a print job being processed or otherwise manage the print jobs currently waiting to be printed.
How to restart the print spooler service
If a computer is having difficulty sending a print job to a printer, the cause of the problem may be the print spooler service. If the print spooler service is not running or is hung, you can restart it by following the steps below.
- Open the Windows Task Manager.
- In the Task Manager window, click the Services tab.
- Click on the Description column header to sort the list of services by Description.
- Scroll down and find the Print Spooler service in the Description column. This service is named Spooler in the Name column.
- Right-click on the Print Spooler service and select Restart in the pop-up menu.
Once the Print Spooler service is restarted, try printing a document or picture to see if the computer can send the print job to the printer.