Name: Gordon Earle Moore
Born: January 3, 1929, San Francisco, California, USA
- Co-founded the Intel company with Robert Noyce in 1968.
- Former CEO of the Intel company.
- Made an observation in 1965, that later became widely known as Moore's Law.
- Helped start Fairchild Semiconductor in 1957.
Honors and awards
- IEEE Medal of Honor (2008).
- Fellow of the American Association for the Advancement of Science (2003).
- Bower Award for Business Leadership (2002).
- Fellow of the Computer History Museum (1998).
- Recipient of the National Medal of Technology.
- Presidential Medal of Freedom.
"With engineering, I view this year's failure as next year's opportunity to try it again. Failures are not something to be avoided. You want to have them happen as quickly as you can so you can make progress rapidly."