Updated: 09/15/2017 by Computer Hope
Name: Joseph F. Ossanna
Born: December 10, 1928, Detroit, Michigan, USA
Death: November 28, 1977 (Age: 48)
Computer related contributions
- Electrical engineer and computer programmer.
- Known for his work with the Unix operating system and software applications at Bell Telephone Laboratories.
- Participated with the software design of Multics (Multiplexed Information and Computing Service).
- Troff user's manual, UNIX Vol. II (1990).
- Document preparation, in UNIX:3E system readings and applications. Volume I: UNIX:3E time-sharing system (1986).
- The current state of minicomputer software (1972).
- Identifying terminals in terminal-oriented systems (1971).
- Technical and human engineering problems in connecting terminals to a time-sharing system (1970).
Honors and awards
- Member of the Association for Computing Machinery, Sigma Xi, and Tau Beta Pi