Updated: 09/15/2017 by Computer Hope
Name: Kurt Gödel
Born: April 28, 1906 in Brno, Moravia, Austria–Hungary
Death: January 14, 1978 (Age: 71)
Computer related contributions
- Austrian American logician, mathematician, and philosopher.
- Considered one of the most significant logicians in human history.
- Best known for his two incompleteness theorems, published in 1931 when he was 25 years old.
- On Formally Undecidable Propositions Of Principia Mathematica And Related Systems (1962)
Honors and awards
- National Medal of Science (USA) in Mathematical, Statistical, and Computational Sciences (1974)
- Albert Einstein Award (1951)
"The more I think about language, the more it amazes me that people ever understand each other at all."