Updated: 09/15/2017 by Computer Hope
Name: Lawrence Gordon Tesler
Born: April 24, 1945
- American computer scientist and inventor of Copy and Paste.
- Key interest is in human–computer interaction.
- Co-created the functional programming language Compel, an early single assignment language that was used to introduce programming concepts to beginners.
- One of the first to implement Copy and paste in 1973-1976 while working on Gypsy for Xerox Palo Alto Research Center.
- Worked on the Lisa team at Apple in the 1980s.
- A language design for concurrent processes (1968).