Updated: 09/15/2017 by Computer Hope
Name: Patrick (Pat) Joseph McGovern
Born: August 11, 1937
Death: March 19, 2014 (Age: 76)
Computer related contributions
- Chairman and founder of International Data Group (IDG).
- In 1967, launched Computerworld, a weekly newspaper dedicated to keeping computer buyers abreast of industry and product news.
- He has overseen IDG's launch of more than 300 magazines and newspapers and championed the expansion of IDG's online network to include more than 450 websites worldwide. IDG's media brands are found in 97 countries and include CIO, CSO, Computerworld, GamePro, InfoWorld/TechWorld/TecChannel, Macworld, Network World, and PC World.
- Listed on the Forbes 400 list of the richest Americans in 2007 as having a net worth of $4.7 billion.
Honors and awards
- Received the Robert L. Krakoff Lifetime Achievement Award from American Business Media (ABM) (2008)
- Received the Magazine Publishers of America's (MPA) Lifetime Achievement award (2005)
- Lifetime Achievement Award from the American Society of Business Publications Editors (ASBPE) (2004)