Name: Paul Rand
Born: August 15, 1914 in Brooklyn, New York, USA
Death: November 26, 1996 (Age: 82)
Computer related contributions
- American graphic designer, best known for his corporate LOGO designs, including the logos for IBM, UPS, Enron, Westinghouse, ABC, and Steve Jobs's NeXT.
- One of the originators of the Swiss Style of graphic design.
- Sparkle and Spin: A Book About Words (2006)
- Paul Rand: A Designer's Art (2000)
- A Designer's Art (1985)
Honors and awards
- Inducted into the New York Art Directors Club Hall of Fame (1972)
"Providing, meaning to a mass of unrelated needs, ideas, words, and pictures - it is the designer's job to select and fit this material together and make it interesting."