Updated: 12/30/2019 by Computer Hope
Name: Robin Milner
Born: January 13, 1934, in Yealmpton, Plymouth, England
Death: March 20, 2010 (Age: 76)
- Prominent British computer scientist.
- Developed LCF, one of the first tools for automated theorem proving.
- Developed a theoretical framework for analyzing concurrent systems, the CCS (calculus of communicating systems), and its successor, the pi-calculus.
- The language he developed for LCF, ML, was the first language with polymorphic type inference and type-safe exception handling.
- The Space and Motion of Communicating Agents (2009).
- Communicating and Mobile Systems: the Pi-Calculus (1999).
- Commentary on Standard ML (1997).
- Communication and Concurrency (1989).
- A Calculus of Communicating Systems (1980).