Updated: 09/15/2017 by Computer Hope
Name: Thomas M. Siebel
Born: November 20, 1952, in Chicago, Illinois, USA
- American business executive, software developer and investor.
- Founder, Chief Executive Officer and Chairman of C3, an energy efficiency and smart grid analytics software company.
- Founder, chairman, and chief executive officer of Siebel Systems, (acquired by Oracle in January 2006).
- Virtual Selling (2002).
- Taking Care of eBusiness (2001).
- Cyber Rules (1999).
Honors and awards
- Ranked #5 and #3 of the world's top 25 philanthropists by Barron's Magazine (2009, 2010).
- Woodrow Wilson Award for Corporate Citizenship – The Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars of the Smithsonian Institution (2010).
- Named one of The 50 Most Generous Philanthropists by BusinessWeek (2007, 2008).
- Master Entrepreneur of the Year – Ernst & Young (2003).
- Named one of the Top 25 Managers in the World by BusinessWeek (2000, 2001).