Computer Virus Help and Support
Updated: 10/17/2017 by Computer Hope
Computer virus basics
- What is a virus?
- Full list of computer security related terms.
- What is the difference between a virus and malware?
- How do I scan or check for computer viruses?
- How do I test a virus scanner?
Top computer virus questions and answers
- How does an antivirus work?
- How do I update my antivirus program?
- Can smartphones get infected with viruses or malware?
- How to remove or uninstall an anti-virus program.
Other computer virus questions and answers
- What are the current available antivirus programs?
- Does Windows come with a virus protection program?
- Why am I getting e-mails telling me I am sending viruses?
- Why do people create viruses and malware?
- Is it ok to have a spyware and anti-virus program installed?
- Does Microsoft call about computer being infected with virus?
- How do I update my antivirus if the license is expiring?
- What are the top 10 computer viruses of all time?
- What is a quick and deep or full antivirus scan?
- Should I run an update or patch I receive in e-mail?
- Where can I find free online virus scanners?
- How do I create a computer virus?
- How do I remove a virus and malware from my computer?
- Do Macs get viruses?
- How do I disable my antivirus program in Windows?
- Is this file infected with spyware, virus, or other malware?
- Can I get a virus when I read my e-mail?
- Can a virus damage computer hardware?
- If I format or erase my hard drive will it remove a virus?
- Can a thumb drive be infected with a virus?
- How does a computer get infected with a virus or spyware?
- My computer is slow after installing an antivirus.
- Is it ok to have more than one antivirus installed?
- What is the file jdbgmgr.exe?
- Is it a crime to make a computer virus?
- If I have a firewall do I need an antivirus?
- What is win386.swp.
- Do antivirus companies create computer viruses?
- Information on the Excel/Laroux virus.
- Information on the Alive.3400 virus.
- Information on the E-Morph virus.
- IBM antivirus generates error code 18 after upgrading to Windows 98.
McAfee virus scanner questions and answers
- McAfee company and contact information.
- Errors with Microsoft Windows wbhook32.dll file
- Screen savers no longer run after installing McAfee VirusScan.
- Internet Explorer KERNEL32.DLL or GDI32.DLL at 0137:BFF3191C error.
Norton antivirus questions and answers
- Symantec company and contact information.
- Norton antivirus Navdef32.dll error message during install.
- Norton Internet Worm Protection continuously comes up.