1. Double-click is a term used to describe the process of quickly pressing a mouse button twice while keeping it still. In most cases, a double-click is with the left mouse button and is used to open or execute a file, folder, or software program.
Tip: If you are working with text, double-clicking a word selects that word. Triple-clicking selects the sentence.
Below is a text field to practice double-clicking your mouse. To double-click press your left mouse button twice quickly. If you are using a laptop with a touchpad you can also double-tap on the touchpad.
Note: Because there is no clicking on a smartphone there is no double-clicking on a smartphone. However, some phones and programs may support double or triple tapping the screen.
- How can I increase or decrease my mouse double-click speed?
- How to use a computer mouse.
- Top 10 computer mouse tips everyone should know.
- Computer mouse help and support.