1. A software application or software program is the most commonly found software on the computer. For example, Microsoft Word is a word processor program that allows users to create and write documents and the browser you're using to view this page is also a program. Without programs, a user may have an operating computer, but would not be able to do much with it. The executable for software programs on IBM compatible computers ends with a file extension of .BAT, .EXE, .COM, or .PIF. Executing these files opens the program and allows it to be used.
- How to install a software program.
- How do I uninstall a software program?
- Listing of software programs and applications.
2. Program or programming is a term used to describe the process of a programmer developing a program.
3. Program is the Swedish translation for the Windows Program Files folder.