Abbreviated as HW, Hardware is best described as a device that is physically connected to your computer, something tangible. Most hardware will contain a circuit board, ICs, and other electronics. A perfect example of hardware is a computer monitor, which is an output device that allows the user to interface visually with the computer. Without any hardware, your computer would not exist, and software would not be able to run.
External hardware examples
Internal hardware examples
What are hardware upgrades?
A hardware upgrade is any new hardware that replaces or adds to old hardware in the computer. A good example of a common hardware upgrade is a RAM upgrade, where the user is increasing the computers total memory. Another good example is a video card upgrade, which is the act of removing an old video card and replacing it with a new one, thus increasing the performance of the computer.
- How to install and add hardware to the computer.
- How do I remove hardware from the computer?
- How to dispose of computer hardware.
- What are the differences between hardware and software?
- How can I test for hardware failures in my computer?
- All computer hardware questions and answers.
- Full listing of computer hardware devices, support, and help.