How to cancel a print job in Windows
In Windows, you can cancel any print job by following the steps below.
Cancel a print job from the notification area
- When a user initiated a print job in Windows, a printer icon is displayed in the Windows notification area. Right-click the printer icon.
If you do not see a printer icon, click the Up arrow in the notification area to show all icons.
- Click the Open All Active Printers option.
- Right-click on the print job you want to cancel and select Cancel.
- When prompted, click Yes to cancel the print job.
Cancel print jobs from Control Panel
You may also cancel print jobs through the Control Panel by following the steps below.
- Open the Control Panel
- Open Devices and Printers, Printers, or Printers and Faxes depending on your version of Windows.
- Double-click on the name of the printer that is being used.
- If any print jobs are in the queue, click on either the 1 document(s) in queue or double-click on See what's printing. Once done, you should see a window similar to the above example. Follow the above steps to cancel the print job.